Council Bluffs, NE- Council Bluffs Fire and Rescue and Council Bluffs Police officers were dispatched to American Pumping Service at 2626 Ninth Ave., at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday after receiving a report of an unconscious man.

Upon arriving on scene, firefighters entered the building and discovered Richard W. Crowder, 62, unconscious.

Sgt. Pat Toscano said that a preliminary investigation indicated that a gasoline-powered generator was running and filled the building with carbon monoxide gas. Crowder was working in the office area of the building, away from the generator.

Rescue crews transported Crowder to Jennie Edmundson Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Toscano said that at this time, no foul play or other suspicious activity is suspected.