Lewisville, TX- A man is dead after carbon monoxide leaked into his apartment from an attached garage, officials said.

Firefighters were called to the community on the 2000 block of Lake Point Drive in Lewisville at about 1 a.m. Tuesday after a woman reported feeling ill and thought she smelled exhaust fumes, officials said.

Police and firefighters quickly determined high levels of carbon monoxide were in the area and found a garage where a vehicle had been left running inside.

The victim, John Lee, 28, was found inside the apartment and could not be saved.

Lee’s apartment building was evacuated and residents were kept outside for hours while the area was ventilated.

The woman who called 911 was transported to an area hospital to be examined and is expected to be OK.

Police have not determined why the car was left running inside the closed garage.

Lewisville police said there is no evidence of foul play.