Dayton, OH – A Greene County man is recovering at Miami Valley Hospital after an explosion inside his home.

It happened Friday morning at 3888 Huston Road in Miami Township.

Leonard Porter told investigators he smelled gas, and next thing he knows there was an explosion.

A propane tank in Leonard’s basement had exploded with a blast so forceful that it destroyed areas on the upper floor of the house.

Leonard was alert and conscious when fire crews arrived on the scene.

He suffered burns on his face. He is listed in fair condition