Edinburg, NY – A 72-year-old man suffered burns to nearly his entire body after an explosion this morning that happened when he tried to light his propane heater, Saratoga County sheriff’s deputies said.

Ralph Sellow of Tennantville Road was lighting the heater at his trailer at about 10:40 a.m. The blast destroyed his home and a nearby truck, deputies said.

Deputies said Sellow, who had suffered burns to 90 percent of his body, was airlifted to Albany Medical Center Hospital.

The explosion is being considered accidental by officials.