Davis, OK- The Daily Ardmoreite – A malfunctioning furnace, spewing dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, sent three people to the hospital early Tuesday.

Police Chief Darryl McCurtain said police dispatchers received an emergency call shortly before 8 a.m..

“The caller stated that everyone in the house was dizzy and one person had passed out,” McCurtain said.

Police, Davis firefighters, medics and Oklahoma Natural Gas officials responded to the call.

McCurtain said three females, ages 16, 54 and 55, were found inside the residence. All three were taken to Arbuckle Memorial Hospital by ambulance where they were treated and later released.

“The preliminary investigation results indicate the carbon monoxide was being generated by a malfunctioning floor furnace,” McCurtain said. “The CO concentration inside the house was at dangerous levels.”

McCurtain urged area residents to have annual inspections of gas operated appliances and fixtures such as heaters and furnaces, range tops and ovens and hot water heaters.

“We also encourage CO detectors be placed inside the house and the batteries changed twice a year,” McCurtain said.