Lockwood, MT – A fire consumed a motor home in Lockwood Saturday. The blaze began just before 4 p.m., igniting a motor home in the 1400 block of Omaha Street. Firefighters said the fire started when a resident tried to ignite a propane stove.

“The motor home owner turned the propane on in the vehicle and got around inside to light the stove,” said Captain Robert Guenther of the Lockwood Fire Department. “With the stove, there was an explosion of propane and it blew him out of the door.”

Firefighters said the motor home is a complete loss, and while the owner sustained injuries, they said the man was lucky he did not try to re-enter the vehicle before the fire became more serious.