Appleby, TX – KTRE-TV – An explosion that rocked a neighborhood in the Nacogdoches County town of Appleby left the Lunsford’s home destroyed. Miraculously, no one was hurt in the explosion.

Mike and Linda Lunsford were just about to settle down for dinner with their two children when Linda made a fire in the fireplace. Moments after it was lit, the living room literally exploded from underneath, throwing Linda across the house.

Looking at the destruction, it’s hard to believe that nobody was hurt. The master bedroom was completely caved in, and in the bathroom, a bathtub was thrown against the wall. In the backyard, you can see the entire back of the house was blown off, leaving nothing but some exposed insulation.

Officials are waiting for the Railroad Commission to come and declare the house safe, and the Lunsfords are waiting for the insurance adjuster to tell them what they already know. That the house they once knew, is gone.

The Lunsfords say they’re just thankful that everyone is alive, especially considering they were all in the house at the time of the explosion. They say there were indications that they had a propane leak such as burning eyes and a what they say is a garlic smell in their house. Unfortunately they dismissed the smell as the pizza they had the night before.

Officials believe that a propane leak underneath the house is the cause of the explosion.