OR Township, MI – A 57-year-old Roseville man is in the hospital following a gas leak explosion at a foreclosed home he recently purchased, said Lapeer County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jason Parks.

David Vezina was trying to light the pilot light in the basement of the Cape Cod-style home on

Pyles at about 9:30 a.m. Friday when an explosion occurred.

Rescue crews took Vezina to Hurley Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries, Parks said.

Parks said the home was “vacant for a period of time” and liquid propane gas was recently delivered to the residence.

Autumn Hicks, 26, of Salt Lake City, Utah, and her 2-month-old son were in the upper level of the home when the explosion occurred, but were not injured. Her other son, 4, was playing in the backyard