Irving, TX – An Irving woman is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning after learning her husband died from exposure to the gas.

The son of William and Barbara Christopher went to his parent’s home after he said hadn’t heard from them for several days.

He found his father deceased on the floor and his mother unconscious on the bed.

The son is credited with saving his mother’s life after calling 911. Officials speculate an open window near the woman aided in her survival.

TXU crews have been investigating the source of the gas leak.

Firefighters said the best way to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning is to get a carbon monoxide detector.