Avalon, Pa. – Investigators are back on the scene of an explosion and fire that leveled a home in Avalon.

Three people were hurt in that blast in the 600 block of Center Avenue.

Eric Franklin and Adam Krepps were roommates in the rented home.

They are in serious condition at Mercy Hospital.

A female also inside the home at the time was not hurt seriously.

The blast was so powerful it caused the walls and the roof to collapse and was felt for miles around the area.

The home was reduced to a pile of rubble and debris.

Neighbors say a family member of one of the victims told them there was a gas leak inside the home.

The roommates were attempting to make water line repairs at the time of the explosion.