Granby, CO-

By By Will Bublitz

Sky-Hi Daily News,

A propane leak caused the deadly explosion and fire at a trailer park on the shore of Lake Granby in May.

One person died in the explosion the night of May 7 at the Table Mountain Trailer Park on U.S. Highway 34. The victim was 26-year-old Eric Tweeton, who was leasing a mobile home in the trailer park and worked at the Inn at SilverCreek in Granby.

“Propane gas has been determined as the cause of the explosion,” said Undersheriff Walt Eldridge. “Our investigators found a leak in the line going into the victim’s trailer. What ignited the gas is still unknown.”

Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Grand County Sheriff’s Office participated in the investigation.

Four mobile homes were destroyed in the explosion and fire. Firefighters from three Grand County fire departments battled the blaze. Also arriving to assist were units of Grand County EMS and Sheriff’s deputies.

Tweeton’s body was not discovered until the next afternoon. The initial explosion that destroyed his trailer had thrown his body 120 feet where it landed out of sight behind an unoccupied house.