West Wheatfield, PA – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – An 80-year-old West Wheatfield woman died of carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday afternoon, shortly after her daughter discovered her unresponsive in her home.

Indiana County Coroner Mike Baker ruled Jean Gaul’s death accidental.

When Gaul’s daughter stopped by her house on Caroline Street in West Wheatfield to check on her, the elderly woman’s car was running in the garage. Investigators believe she forgot to turn off the ignition before entering the house. They found no signs of foul play.

Gaul was taken to the Indiana Regional Medical Center where she was pronounced dead one hour later.