Gallatin, NY – 1 of 3 people injured in a house explosion in the Hudson Valley last weekend had died.
Forty-1-year-old Walter Hess Jr. died at a Poughkeepsie hospital Thursday. He suffered broken hips, a dislocated shoulder and a displaced kneecap when a propane explosion demolished his house in Gallatin, about 60 miles south of Albany, last Sunday.
Hess and his parents – Walter Hess and Helga Hess – had just returned to the house after being away when they called emergency workers to report the smell of gas. The house exploded just as firefighters arrived.