Shorewood, WI – The Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood was evacuated and then closed Sunday during a brunch due to the activation of a carbon monoxide alarm.

The North Shore Fire Department said high levels of the gas were present in the basement. That prompted the evacuation.

It is unclear how many people were evacuated from the lodge.

Officials shut off everything in the building to help ventilate the area, but were unable to get the gas levels down.

The lodge was asked to contact an HVAC contractor to inspect the system.

The alarm went off again. The Fire Department responded and crews were able to isolate the levels.

A new water heater was installed, but the lodge remained closed for the day.

No injuries were reported.