CT – WFSB-TV – Fire investigators were on the scene of an overnight explosion and fire that destroyed a historic home in Bozrah.

It began with a propane explosion and was already a raging inferno by the time firefighters arrived.

One woman who was in the home was injured when she fell as she escaped the house. She is presently being treated at a nearby hospital.

A firefighter was also treated for smoke inhalation.

Neighbors say the home may be two or even three centuries old. Investigators and fire officials now say the home is a complete loss.

Investigators say the fire was accidental, but the intensity of it is something they will continue to look into.