CT – WFSB-TV – Fire investigators were on the scene of an overnight explosion and fire that destroyed a historic home in Bozrah.
It began with a propane explosion and was already a raging inferno by the time firefighters arrived.
One woman who was in the home was injured when she fell as she escaped the house. She is presently being treated at a nearby hospital.
A firefighter was also treated for smoke inhalation.
Neighbors say the home may be two or even three centuries old. Investigators and fire officials now say the home is a complete loss.
Investigators say the fire was accidental, but the intensity of it is something they will continue to look into.