The Cache County Sheriff’s office has identified two people injured in an explosion that ripped apart a house near 2400 West and 3000 South in College Ward this morning.

Tony Sorensen, 27, was reportedly burned over 65 percent of his body and was airlifted to Salt Lake City for treatment. His sister, 23-year-old Mary Sorensen, suffered cuts and burns on her head. She was transported by ambulance to Logan Regional Hospital.

The explosion occurred around 10:30 a.m., ripping apart the home and scattering debris for up to 200 yards. A second blast reportedly started what was left of the house on fire.

Chief Deputy David Bennett of the Cache County Sheriff’s Office said the blast was likely propane related. A propane tank was behind the house, and Bennett said Jardine Petroleum had visited the home just yesterday to investigate a suspected gas leak.

Neighbor Brandon Anderson pulled Tony Sorensen from the wreckage of the home. Anderson said he went to investigate the damage after the explosion and spotted Tony’s hand sticking out from a pile of debris.

The owner of the home is Dennis Sorensen, the father of the victims. He and his wife are serving an LDS Church mission in Edinburgh, Scotland.