Toledo, IA – An explosion inside a home sent two people to the hospital Sunday. It happened around noon near Toledo.

Sandra Svacina says her husband, Paul, and his brother, Tom, were hooking up a water heater in the basement when she heard a loud blast.

The explosion from an apparent liquid propane gas leak blew out windows and the garage door.

It also caused a fire. The couple had just moved into the new home the night before, so they had trouble finding the fire extinguisher.

Sandra said Paul was burned, but he’s out of the hospital.

She said Tom inhaled smoke. He was transferred to University Hospitals in Iowa City. The hospital is not releasing his condition.