MS – The Clarion-Ledger – An explosion that blew up a house near Bovina and critically injured its lone occupant Thursday night has been ruled an accident, Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said Saturday evening.

“There is no indication of any foul play,” Pace said.

Edmond Wilson was in critical but stable condition Saturday night at the burn unit of the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, said Carmel Van Dyke, a nursing supervisor at the hospital.

Apparently, there was some kind of malfunction that caused the gas to leak, leading to the explosion, Pace said. There were appliances that used liquid propane gas on the premises.

Wilson’s house at 7018 Warriors Trail, about a mile southeast of Bovina, was completely destroyed, the sheriff said.

Wilson was found in his yard by Warren County Deputy Mike Marshall about five minutes after the blast was reported, Pace said.