Ottumwa, IA – Ottumwa Courier – Two Ottumwa males were air-lifted to Iowa City for second- and third-degree burns, after an explosion Sunday at a home on Bladensburg Road. The incident happened at 12:10 p.m. at 8151 Bladensburg Road. Rural fire chief Wes Woten said the fire department will be further investigating the incident.

“We think it was a [liquid propane] leak from a water heater,” he said. “We are bringing in the fire marshal [today] to find out what happened.”

The conditions of the two males are not known. Names were not being released, due to lack of some family members being contacted.