Ashley, IN – Authorities say a propane gas leak caused a house explosion in northeastern Indiana that killed one person and injured two others.

The explosion happened about 9:30 p.m. Monday in the small town of Ashley in DeKalb County.

The (Auburn) Star reports 64-year-old Joe Brown was killed by the blast in his home, while his son and the younger man’s girlfriend were burned and flown by helicopter to a Fort Wayne hospital.

The explosion leveled the one-story house, knocking down all the walls and leaving splintered wood, other building materials and belongings scattered about.

Ashley town Marshal Scott Barnhart says work was being done on the home’s heating system when a spark apparently ignited the blast. No other buildings were damaged.