Athens, GA – Barrow County Fire Department investigators have determined that an uncapped propane line in the basement caused an explosion that destroyed a home in Auburn shortly before 1 p.m. Tuesday.

The family had just had their propane tank refilled, Fire Chief Robert Post said.

Barrow County schools were on fall break, so the family’s mother, her four children and a neighbor’s child all were inside the Wages Road house at the time of the blast. No one was hurt, but the house and all of the family’s belongings were destroyed, fire department spokesman Scott Dakin said.

Firefighters are collecting donations of new or gently used household goods at Bethlehem First Baptist Church. Donors also may write checks out to the Barrow County Firefighters Association or call Meg Loggins at (678) 261-7552.