Gainesville, TX – Gainesville Daily Register – A loud boom heard Sunday night may have been the result of a natural gas explosion at a Gainesville residence.

A home on the 500 block of Carnes St. around 8 p.m. Sunday evening was full of natural gas fumes according to Steve Boone, Gainesville Fire Chief. The gas ignited, blowing out all the windows of the house and removing the doors.

The cause of the ignition is currently under investigation.

“The occupant was home at the time of the explosion,” Boone said. “She had just started to take a bath when the explosion occurred … she exited out the bathroom window.”

Boone added the victim escaped with “very minor” injuries.