MN – One person is in the hospital after a house exploded early this morning in north Minneapolis.

Around 1 a.m., crews rushed to the 3900 of 6th St. N., and found a house fully engulfed in flames. Plywood now covers the windows and doors of the one-story home.

Officials believe a gas leak caused the explosion, because there were reports of people in the house smelling gas before the explosion and leaving the house. A person apparently went back to the house and flicked on a light switch, causing the explosion.

The extent of the victim’s injuries aren’t yet clear.

“We know there’s burns to the body, but we don’t know the extent of the burns right now,” said Ed Otis, of the Minneapolis Police Department.

Centerpoint Energy and the Office of Pipeline Safety will be investigating the scene throughout the day.