Henderson County, KY – A build-up of propane gas is believed to be the cause of an explosion at a Henderson County home.

Fire investigators spent all day Thursday, sifting through rubble that was once the home of Hubert and Alva Floyd.

According to family members, the couple recently had their propane tank filled.

The Floyds were pulled to safety by their neighbors, but not before they were severely burned.

Still, their neighbors say it’s amazing they survived the blast. Robert Burden tells 14 News, “If them people hadn’t got blown out of the house, uh, there’s no way we could have found them, underneath that rubble.”

Alva Floyd is burned over 40% of her body. Both Alva and her husband Hubert are hospitalized in Louisville.