Evansville, IN – The all-clear has been given and the Holiday Inn Express on Evansville’s east side is back open for business.

Vanderburgh County Building Commissioner Ron Beane says the carbon monoxide issue at the hotel has been repaired.

Beane said water heaters that were not ventilating properly caused dangerous levels of the gas in the building.

The hotel was evacuated around 1:00 p.m. Friday.

Fire crews also say there was a natural gas leak as well.

One person was treated on scene for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two soccer teams that had reservations at the hotel were relocated; others will now be able to check-in since the problem has been resolved.