Auburn, MA – About 150 employees and customers were forced to evacuate a strip mall after fire officials found high levels of carbon monoxide due to a malfunctioning heating system.

Firefighters responded to the Heritage Plaza around 10 a.m. Saturday.

Fire officials found 100 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the office of Great Expressions Dental Centers and evacuated the entire plaza as a precaution.

No injuries or symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning were reported.

The heating system at the dental office was determined to be the cause and was shut down. Everyone was allowed back inside the plaza’s businesses.

Fire officials say the heating system will remain off until the landlord has it repaired.