Scottsdale, AZ – A hazardous-material situation in a Scottsdale meat-storage warehouse sent three people to hospitals for evaluations of non-life-threatening symptoms.

Hazardous-materials crews from the Scottsdale and Phoenix fire departments responded when workers started complaining of headaches Friday morning.

Scottsdale Fire Department Division Chief Jay Ducote says crews detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the warehouse due to a propane-powered forklift.

He says the business has been ventilated and that workers have been allowed back inside.