TX – A couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Harker Heights, according to preliminary autopsy results released Tuesday.

William E. Head, his wife Patricia, and a small dog were found dead Sunday afternoon. Both were in their 60s.

A neighbor who hadn’t seen the couple in at least a day called police.

Investigators said a propane heater was inside the couple’s travel trailer. Carbon monoxide will not cause an explosion but it is a toxic and odorless gas.

Texas Gas Service recommends annual inspections of all gas appliances to ensure they are working properly.

To find out more about detecting carbon monoxide in your home log onto www.oneOK.com.