CA – David Mirhadi, The Union

Jeff Butler, the Grass Valley resident severely burned in a propane explosion last month, has died from his injuries. He was 46.

Butler had been at the UC-Davis Medical Center’s burn unit since the accident occurred May 20. He died there on Friday.

Butler was burned more than 90 percent of his body after he attempted to ignite a pilot light inside the 27-foot motor home he rented. The motor home was parked along Highway 49 near Smith Road, on property owned by Dave Glossop.