Green Bay, WI- On Oct. 9, our four children suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. We had been out boating on Green Bay and the kids were playing in the cabin of the boat. (We came to discover later that a cracked muffler was the cause).

Amazingly, all four kids are doing great.

For that, we have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Thank you to all of the people of Sturgeon Bay who touched our lives that day: The U.S. Coast Guard, 911, the fishermen who helped land the boat, the fire fighters, the police officers, the paramedics who were waiting with oxygen when we arrived and took us by ambulance to the emergency room, the doctors and nurses at Door County Medical Center who treated the kids with utmost care and helped us to remain calm in the midst of it all and finally, for the helicopter crews that flew the kids to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Appleton so they could undergo hyberbaric oxygen chamber treatments.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our children are alive and well because of you, your quick decisions, your fast actions and your generous hearts.

Peace, health and love to you and your families this Thanksgiving.

P.S. Carbon monoxide detectors sure make good stocking stuffers.

Kim and Matt Sullivan

Shelly and Jerry Magnin