Genesee County, MI – For the second Christmas in a row, someone has died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the area.

An 84-year-old man from Genesee County was found unresponsive in a garage with a generator Tuesday night.

Grand Blanc Township police chief David stamm says the home, near Fenton and Hill roads did not have any power because of last weekend’s ice storm. The man later died at the hospital.

His wife was also at home. She is said to be okay as of Thursday afternoon.

Last year, a family of three in Flint died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Officials urges everyone to get a carbon monoxide detector.