Houston, TX – KPRC-TV -Two people found dead inside their Montgomery County home are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning created by a gas generator, KPRC Local 2 reported Thursday.

Montgomery County deputies found the bodies of Dean Michael Kirk, 44, and Katherine Forrer, 43, inside a home in the 19700 block of White Oak near Lantern. Kirk’s employer called officers after Kirk did not report to work since Saturday.

Deputies said a gas generator was found in a room at the back of the house. The generator’s gas tank was empty and the throttle was in the “run” position. A fan, television and lamp were plugged into the generator.

An autopsy was ordered to determine the exact cause of death.

Five members of a family were found dead Monday in their Beaumont town home, apparently the victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The five — a man, a woman and three children — apparently were overcome by carbon monoxide from a generator they were using after the hurricane knocked out the electricity over the weekend, authorities said.

The family brought the generator inside for fear that it would be stolen, authorities said.

Officials warned that generators should be used with caution. Gas-powered generators should not be used inside homes.