Orlando, FL – A gas company technician suffered burns to half his body Wednesday morning after an explosion at a southeast Orlando home, according to Orange County Fire Rescue officials.

The AmeriGas worker, who officials are not identifying, was working on the stove at a Wittenberg Way home that is currently listed for sale when the incident unfolded, said Orange County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Cat Kennedy.

A pool of natural gas exploded at the unoccupied home after the worker turned on the stove’s pilot light, Kennedy said. The worker suffered second-degree burns to 50 percent of his body.

Fire rescue officials responded to the scene just before 10:30 a.m.

The worker was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Officials said the gas leak has been secured.

The 6,124 square-foot home, which is in a gated community, has been listed for sale since August 2015, according to the real-estate website Zillow.com. A sale is pending for the home, which has an asking price of $1,390,000.

“Our thoughts are with this individual,” an AmeriGas spokeswoman said in a statement.

“we are working closely with public safety officials and our own operations and support teams to fully investigate the incident.”