Denver, CO – A house at 1946 S. Zuni St. was destroyed Friday when it exploded about 9:25 p.m., apparently from a natural-gas leak.

With a “for rent” sign in the yard and no furniture in the house, Denver fire crews didn’t think anyone was occupying the structure.

Neighboring houses sustained only minor damage, and nobody has been reported injured by the blast.

“We have debris up to 30 feet in the trees,” said Steve Garrod, a Denver Fire public information officer.

At 10:40 p.m., fire crews were working on shutting off a gas line before searching through the debris.