Kirby, TX- A gas leak sparked a house explosion Friday night in Kirby, knocking the walls off the foundation, sending residents crawling out broken windows and rattling picture frames in other homes on the block.

Minor burns sent one woman who lived at 4911 Swann Lane to the hospital, said Assistant Chief Ray Martin of the Kirby Fire Department.

Another woman and child who lived in the house were unhurt.

A flipped bathroom light switch apparently touched off the explosion about 9:30 p.m.

The blast blew out windows and broke nearly all of the home’s exterior walls away from the foundation, Martin said.

It also caused a rapid flash, but there were no flames when firefighters arrived.

They evacuated four neighboring homes until City Public Service stopped the gas leak.