Nashville, TN – Saturday, a natural gas leak was being blamed for an explosion that rattled residents at a motel near downtown Nashville Friday night.

Firefighters were called out Friday night to investigate an explosion at Nashville’s Drake Motel on Murfreesboro Road.

Investigators believe the explosion was triggered when someone flipped a light switch inside a room.One man is in critical condition, suffering from burns, to more than 50 percent of his body.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion around 8 p.m. Friday night. The explosion was so loud that it could be heard from a fire station just a couple blocks away.

Firefighters who heard the explosion responded immediately to the scene. They found the middle portion of the Drake Motel had collapsed.