Flushing, NY – Fire officials are investigating a major gas
explosion that occurred in a row of homes in Flushing, Queens.
The incident occurred Monday night inside 32-25 Leavitt Street. Two of the
residents had to be pulled out of the building by firefighters. They were
rushed to the hospital but, according to authorities, their injuries do not
appear to be life threatening.
According to reports, the back of the building suffered the most extensive
damage. The explosion reportedly occurred on the first floor.
Fire department officials are trying to figure out whether the blast was
caused by natural gas or propane.