Walkerville, MT – Billings Gazatte — A gas explosion heavily damaged one house Wednesday and rocked the foundations of nearby houses, firefighters and residents said. No one was seriously injured.

The blast occurred in Patricia James’ house while she sat at her kitchen table. She suffered a concussion and was admitted for an overnight stay at a Butte hospital.

Neighbor Ed Decker, whose windows were shattered, said he watched men replacing a water main about 20 yards from the James’ house when the explosion occurred.

An investigation indicated that a damaged line leaked gas into the house’s basement and that a pilot light ignited the gas, said Walkerville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tom Bolton.