Buffalo, NY- Neighbors on one Buffalo street are counting their blessings that no one was seriously hurt when a house on their block blew up.

Demolition crews tore down the remains of a vacant house on Wiley Street just hours after a natural gas buildup exploded inside.

The whole neighborhood was jolted by the blast.

Tina Coleman eighbor, “It was a big explosion and the whole house just rocked back and forth. It felt like somebody literally hit our house with a train or big truck.”

Investigators say a worker who was there the day before inadvertently left a gas line open, allowing the buildup, which was sparked by an igniting water heater.