Lyons, OR- The Statesman Journal, by Dan De Carbonel

A natural-gas explosion blew a Lyons home off its foundation Friday, but four occupants were not injured.

The blast occurred about 10 a.m. at 1570 Main St. and resulted from an abandoned gas valve that had somehow been turned on, said Craig Griffith of the Lyons Fire District. It was unclear what ignited the gas.

He said the two-story home’s garage door was blown out and the front door was destroyed.

The owner of the home, his girlfriend and two children were inside. The children were treated for singed hair, Griffith said. He added that some dogs had previously been kept in the garage and somehow may have turned the gas valve to open.