Overland Park, KS – A 16-year-old boy who left his car running Tuesday night may be to blame for sending him and three others to the hospital. Police said the boy and three others suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday morning.

Two are said to have life-threatening injuries. Two others are reported in serious condition. Those injured are believed to be one adult and three children.

Emergency crews responded to the home in the 8000 block of W. 121st Terrace Wednesday morning after a neighbor reported seeing the 16-year-old boy lying in the front yard.

Police said the home did not have working carbon monoxide detectors.