Bakersfield, Ca – The fire occurred Sunday night at a house on Bussell Road.

Fire crews said when they arrived, bright orange flames were shooting from the roof and windows.

The family was cooking Sunday dinner when the fire broke out.

Witnesses said there was a sudden explosion believed to be caused by a leaky propane tank.

“Boom and just screaming and trying to get everybody out of the house,” said Deeana Heaton, who escaped the fire.

Heaton and six others got out of the house alive.

Four adults were burned by the flames and one victim was airlifted to Kern Medical Center.