Ogunquit, ME – Ogunquit police say four people were taken to the hospital after being overcome with carbon monoxide.

The incident occurred at a home on Young’s Crossing Road. When rescue crews arrived, one person had already passed out, while the other three people in the home were complaining of dizziness and headaches.

The fire chief in Ogunquit says the home did have working CO detectors, but they had been turned off. The CO levels in the home were said to be more than 700 parts per billion. That is considered extremely high and capable of causing death.

All four people were taken to the hospital, but are now said to be doing fine. The names of the victims were not released.