Brainerd, MN – Brainerd Dispatch – Four adults and a child living in a rented a home at 19403 Alpine Road in the Unorganized Territory in Brainerd went to St. Joseph’s Medical Center Thursday to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning, reported Brainerd Fire Chief Fred Underhill.

Underhill said the adults took the child, who was feeling ill, to the hospital and found that the boy was exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning. The adults then called the fire department to have their home checked for carbon monoxide. Underhill said the home had high levels of the gas and they sent the rest of the people in the home to the hospital.

Underhill said they did not get the names of the people who were living at the home or the name of the person who owns the home.

Underhill said the home had carbon monoxide detectors that were not working at the time.