El Paso, TX- El Paso fire officials believe a 76-year-old man, found unresponsive in his home, died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Crews were called at around 6 p.m. Friday to the 2600 block of Porter in Central El Paso.

Arriving firefighters found the man’s body. Later, officials said a stove was used as a source for heating and was still on when they arrived.

El Paso police were called to help with the investigation. Texas Gas then took readings of inside the home.

Investigators suspect carbon monoxide poisoning to be the cause of death. The medical examiner’s office is investigating the case and an autopsy will reveal the exact cause of death.

If the autopsy confirms carbon monoxide poisoning, then this will be the first death related to carbon monoxide poisoning this season.

The man’s name has not been released.