Lexington, KY – An elderly woman was rescued after she was found unconscious in her home on Santee Way just before 4 a.m.

The victim called 911 and told EMS that she felt sick.

When firefighters arrived on scene they found the woman unconscious in bed. Their carbon monoxide readers went off indicating extremely high levels of the gas in the home.

The woman’s current condition is unknown. Firefighters want to remind everyone that this is the time of year to be aware of the potential of carbon monoxide poisoning.