Austin, TX – A house in Hyde Park exploded after firefighters responded to the smell of natural gas at the home in the 4600 block of Evans Street shortly before 8 p.m. tonight.

According to AFD division chief Phil Jack, the house exploded after firefighters arrived on the scene.

One firefighter was taken to Brackenridge Hospital with a knee injury.

Four people live in the home. A woman and her two daughters have been taken to St. David’s to be treated for gas inhalation.

Gas to the house was cut off about 9 p.m., and firefighters have contained the blaze, officials said.