Gainesville, GA- A Hall County family is “very lucky” to have escaped an early morning house fire Tuesday, officials said.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said the family of Raymond Young fled a 12:30 a.m. fire at Young’s 1,500-square foot house in the 4700 block of Cantrell Road.

Young’s adult niece was awakened by the sound of a fire that started from a wood-burning stove in the living room where she slept. The house did not have smoke alarms, Cagle said.

Two grade-school age children also were sleeping in the house at the time of the fire.

Firefighters entered the house and got the blaze under control within 20 minutes, Cagle said.

The house, valued at $60,000, had about $30,000 in damage, he said. It was declared unlivable.

Red Cross officials have helped the Youngs with temporary shelter.

Free smoke detectors provided by the Hall County Safe Kids foundation are available through the Hall County Fire Department and Gainesville Fire Department. For more information, call (770) 531-6838.

Meanwhile, officials have confirmed that a Monday explosion that destroyed a Price Road house was caused by a natural gas leak.

Ford Grindle sustained minor injuries after he tried to light a gas heater, prompting the 10 a.m. explosion at the house at 4138 Price Road.

Inspectors believe the leak may have been caused in the house after a gas stove was replaced by an electric stove earlier this year.