NY- A home in Greenport burned to the ground this morning following an explosion at the residence, police said.

“We got a call at 9:47 a.m. that there was a home collapse due to some sort of propane explosion within the structure,” said Officer Mark Zaleski of the Southold Police Department.

Zaleski said there were reports of two minor injuries, but he was unsure if they were homeowners.

A witness at the scene said the explosion from the home at 157 Central Avenue blew up, showering debris on a neighboring house, blowing its front door and windows into the street.

The Greenport, East Marion, Southold and Cutchogue fire departments responded to the scene.