Cleveland, OH- Ohio News Network – Children and adults gathered for bible study at a local church were overcome by carbon monoxide Thursday evening.

The incident happened at the Iglesia Emmanuel Church in Cleveland.

Two adults and 11 children were rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center after being overcome by carbon monoxide. Two other small children with more serious symptoms were taken to Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital.

The children appeared lethargic, dizzy and nauseous, some were even throwing up and falling asleep.

Officials suggest keeping a carbon monoxide detector in each home.